Saturday, July 5, 2008

Styx and the Fourth of July...

Let's see... you think of the 4th of July and you think about cookouts, parades..(I don't), watermelon, 90 degree heat and fireworks... right???

Boy did we ever see some fireworks on the Fourth!!! And we didn't even see a spark!!!

For the Cache Valley Cruise In.... (and yes... I still haven't been to one), the fireworks came in form of a very special occasion... one I thought that I would never see or even had a chance to see... Styx... yes, the rock group, was at Logan at the rodeo grounds... What a treat!!!

We heard about this concert several months ago and bought 4 tickets the first day without really a regard as to who might use them besides Terri and I... Well here are the tickets and my "wrist band" and we casually mentioned it to my good friend, Rick Shelton and his good wife Karen, and they were excited to go...






















The concert was excellent, by Logan standards and I was jumping out of my skin throught the whole concert!!!

I took several short video clips with my cell phone but they didn't do any justice and so I have gone to my friend YouTube instead so you can see what we saw and feel what we felt... It was GRRRRRRRRReat!!!

The energy was incredible... the musicians were absolutely outstanding.... the atmosphere was electric... Dennis DeYoung, who was the original lead singer for Styx until 1999, wasn't there, but who cared... Lawrence Gowen more that made up for his absence in my opinion...

Listen to this YouTube clip of Lady... It was incredible live...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3q80A3a188&NR=1

And Tommy Shaw???? Out of this world on lead guitar and high vocals...

Check out Tommy Shaw along with his fellow Styx - James Young in this rendition of Renegade in this YouTube clip... This was from Texas about a week and a half ago and so you can see what we were treated to!!!

Enjoy this one... Click on the high quality version of the video... under the video when it comes up...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQaQXQQHA8Q

I have to tell you that I enjoyed this concert so much that I dreamt about the concert all night Friday AND Saturday night.... I was exhausted!!! ha ha... but it was just as good the second and third time...

Well I was going to wait and post this with the rest of our Fourth of July experiences but I promise there will be more to come... We did have a busy day.... and it is forth coming...

So enjoy the clips and enjoy this mini concert because we sure did... In fact, we liked it so much that we are going with our friends, Phil and Karen Zobell to the Journey / Heart / and Cheap Trick Concert at the Usana Amphitheater this Friday the 11th... and I will once again will report on this events of that day...

This is Eric Bowen... signing off...

1 comment:

Betsy B said...

You're going to a concert on MY birthday? Shouldn't my birthday be a national holiday reverenced by all? Well, fine, you guys just have fun...