Saturday, April 12, 2008

Noteworthy of Praise... OK we WON!!!


Well after 12 weeks and competing against 126 teams (teams of 2) in five states... the tabulations are in and... WE ARE THE BIGGEST LOSERS!!!

Terri works at Icon Health & Fitness and they have sponsored a Biggest Loser Contest 3. Before it even started, I really didn't want to be bothered by the whole thing... Terri and Heidi were going to do it originally and that was fine. Then at the last minute (and with a little bit of prodding), I thought that I would give it a try. Much to Heidi's shagrin...

The journey started on January 7th and I weighed a humpback whale size of 270 lbs. Terri weighed... well... you know.... about... none of your damned business... she was overweight...OK ? I thought I was going to die that first weeks... my kids said I was cranky and I find that not to be true... I'm just not that way?!?!? After two weeks, I could have eaten my own arm off... Then the first weigh in day came on Jan. 21st. I will never forget the feeling and only wished I could have seen and captured the look on my face when I had lost 16.2 lbs!!!


That is what tipped the scales, so to speak. It was that day, that I decided that I could lose weight. WOW!!! After that, I committed to get serious about the whole deal... We lost combined weight EVERY week (the only team to do so) after that.

On April 7the we weighed in and we ended up being the ICON BIGGEST LOSERS!!! It sounds like such an insulting title, but we are a wee bit proud of that.

We have eaten like little bunnies and birds and have been noticing that we have sprouted tail feathers and have grown bunny hair on our backs and bellies. There was no sodas, sugar, and at the last few weeks, no fruits. We have been hitting the "stay put" workout... ya know were you get on this stupid machine and walk in the same place? BORING!!! Thank God for Creedence Clearwater Revival CD's for motivation!!!

When it got a little warmer, we took to the streets and found that the side hills of Mendon could be a little steeper that we wanted, but we averaged 2 - 4 miles per walk and it was so much more entertaining.

I climbed on to this other stupid machine that had about 3 inches of dust on it and of which my previous best total time was 40 seconds. You know it was a machine called a Cardio Glide??? I never thought that a body could hurt so bad because of a stupid squat thrust motion!!!

We had two weekly successes during our journey... Every week the contest organizers would give out a $100 gift certificate for Sam's Club for the team that lost the greatest amount of averaged weight percentage... We won that once on Jan. 28th and then again, on March 24th. We also took 2nd place, 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th, one time each. So we were always up there...

But were noticing things. Our waistlines and other body parts started disappearing. Our faces and necks started getting skinnier. I could now see my feet! WE were getting skinnier and after all was said and done, we felt better!!! It was getting easier to eat better although it wasn't always popular.

We are proud of what we have accomplished... and we lived happlily ever after!!! End of blog entry...

Oh... you want to know the results??? How silly of me!!! How could I have put that off 'til the last? I apologize for being so insensitive...

When all was said and done, the final figures were as follows:
  1. Terri lost a total of 50.8 lbs.

  2. Eric lost a total of 60.8 lbs.

  3. Terri lost a total of 18.81% of her body weight.

  4. Eric lost a total of 22.52% of his body weight.

  5. Eric and Terri lost a total of 111.6 lbs.

  6. Eric and Terri lost an combined weight percentage of 25.762%.

  7. 25.762% was the winning number for the Biggest Loser 3 Contest.

  8. Second place was 21.631%. Yep, we smoked 'em!!!

  9. My blood pressure was 100 / 68 at the doctor yesterday. Cholesterol to follow.

  10. Eric and Terri won $1000 for their efforts...

Now it is necessary that we tell you that this wasn't easy and over the past twelve weeks, my language has been described as being a little too colorful.

Listed below is a Top Ten New Swear Words Used by Uncle Eric... Here it goes...

#10 - Cardio Glide

#9 - Water

#8 - Points

#7 - Carbohydrates

#6 - Protein Diet

#5 - NO!

#4 - Treadmill

#3 - Weight Watchers

#2 - Salads

And the #1 New Swear Words Used by Uncle Eric is:

SOUTH BEACH!!!

It is important that I acknowledge at this time, the driving force behind the whole idea, the regimine, the meals, and the exercise incentive... that is my sweet wife, Terri. She was always pushing, prodding and stern with me and her... She was great!!! Thank you, Terri... I love you!!!








2 comments:

Gus Finley said...

Wahoo!! My parents are cool!!

Bethany said...

What an amazing accomplishment! The only way I could lose weight that fast was to have a baby :). Congrats!